Author Topic: Forum URL changes  (Read 140 times)

Offline KittyGalore

• Administrator
Forum URL changes
« on: January 17, 2020, 07:07:41 PM »
I decided to change the forum to a different domain. Currently I'm using voyeurtv.me i had this for a few years as i had been running and testing a forum for a while now as i always wanted to know how to run a forum. Originally i just used it for a few members who i knew well that i had content that i would post for them. I then stopped that and removed the whole forum but then i set up this backup forum and the name someone pointed out to me could be at risk of been removed or doesn't really suit the forum so i bought a new domain and will use that.

Now it should i think be pretty straight forward as all i have to do is change all the links in my forum files on the server to point to the new domain. So once my domain has been approved i will put the forum in maintenance and take backups again this will be the new domain.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Once it is running all everyone will have to do is log in and that's it everything will run as normal except only the new name will change. I have been debating for a while to change it so now i will just do it and get  it done. Hope everyone understands the new changes i will if i can place a redirect on the current domain to go to the new one automatically i think it can be done if not use a lock forum with a redirect board to the new one.

Offline KittyGalore

• Administrator
Re: Forum URL changes
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 01:30:32 AM »
It's up i had to actually get a new cpanel account also as the other one would only be still using the old domain. Any issues let me know as i had to change settings and everything. smilee: smilee: smilee: