!!

Notification to Guests.

If you regulary browse the forum please register and once registered you must wait to be approved please post in the approvals topic straight away as it will give me a better chance to see if you are a spammer or not.

Author Topic: SMF 2.0 V SMF 2.1  (Read 839 times)

Online KittyGalore

• Administrator
SMF 2.0 V SMF 2.1
« on: February 19, 2020, 10:03:25 PM »
Lots of people here most likely won't have a clue what i'm on about. Bascially this forum and the Big Brother forum uses SMF 2.0. SMF is currently planning of having 2.1 released in a year or so. They currently have 2.1 RC2 released which i think is only in testing but soon they won't be doing anymore security updates when SMF 2.0.19 is released which i'm sure will be the last update of 2.0 but the reason behind this is because 2.1 is a new default theme to this one and the whole design is changed. So when SMF 2.1 will be released i will have to make a choice whether to upgrade to it or still as long as i can on this setup and hope the forum won't be hacked or have thousands of problem due to many errors and outdated software that my webhost won't supported that will make the forum work. I'll leave a test link to the 2.1 look and layout and see what everyone thinks. I personally love the current layout of this theme of 2.0 if anyone reading this is familar with what i'm saying and can create this whole this theme to work with SMF 2.1 then let me know as i would to keep this whole theme setup and everything.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline spapaars

• Administrator
  • Senior
Re: SMF 2.0 V SMF 2.1
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 12:01:56 PM »
Lots of people here most likely won't have a clue what i'm on about. Bascially this forum and the Big Brother forum uses SMF 2.0. SMF is currently planning of having 2.1 released in a year or so. They currently have 2.1 RC2 released which i think is only in testing but soon they won't be doing anymore security updates when SMF 2.0.19 is released which i'm sure will be the last update of 2.0 but the reason behind this is because 2.1 is a new default theme to this one and the whole design is changed. So when SMF 2.1 will be released i will have to make a choice whether to upgrade to it or still as long as i can on this setup and hope the forum won't be hacked or have thousands of problem due to many errors and outdated software that my webhost won't supported that will make the forum work. I'll leave a test link to the 2.1 look and layout and see what everyone thinks. I personally love the current layout of this theme of 2.0 if anyone reading this is familar with what i'm saying and can create this whole this theme to work with SMF 2.1 then let me know as i would to keep this whole theme setup and everything.

Don't see a big difference between the 2, so I'd opt for the safest option.

Online KittyGalore

• Administrator
Re: SMF 2.0 V SMF 2.1
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 06:06:03 PM »
Don't see a big difference between the 2, so I'd opt for the safest option.
Might not be for another few years anyway and i think i might be able to get someone to make me this theme work with 2.1 but mostly likely it will have to be paid and i doubt asking them to make it for free as it will require a lot of work. For now i will be sticking with 2.0 and will keep it as long as i can.